6 Sept 2006

Never had this Before- A tribute to Steve Irwin

I never ever felt like this before.Not when Leslie Cheung died. Not when Anita Mui died. But i really feel life is so unfair. Why would God loves Steve Irwin that much until HE takes him away from all of us?He enjoy teaching us and we enjoy learning about environment and wildlife from him. Even those crocs and snakes doesn't mind letting him filming them and touches them but not THAT PARTICULAR STINGRAY who Steve trying to tell us not to hurt them.

Never I had a friend who is much more unhappy than me when news about Steve spread. I even cried and mourn for him. And yet, someppl just never tend to understand his effort given out to make us understand more about animals. The thing irritates me the most is when some ppl said Stingray has just pawned Steve Irwin for 500gold. Don't you feel sorry for him?his family?

Well, like what alex told me earlier. No people tend to care about one until he died. Its partly true. I never cared so much when rumours said he got killed by a crocodile last year. At that time, I only felt pity for him. Now, after watching most of his documentary, I really really got shocked and upset for that. Of all people i said, why choose him? I was thinking if he would pop out on TV one day and tells everyone its just a prank on us to see how many people actually cared about him. I know it won't happen but it might just happened. You won't know.

And oh ya, I was chasing for every bits of his latest news and found that the moment he got stabbed by the stingray actually caught on tape. Althought i wanna watch that badly, i prefer them not to publish it to public.And yes, authorities said they will NEVER publish that but who knows. That video is the only video of stingray killing a guy caught on tape in the world out of the 30++ fatal cases. And superbly(wonder if that world exist), the 1st and only(so far) or maybe last(hopefully) video took the most famous Aussie on earth away from us.

He died immediately when he pulled the stringray's barb out of his chest which stabbed thru his heart. He died without suffering.

News also say that Australia Gov might give them a state funeral if Steve's family wants it.They will give them whatever they ask for. I think the most Steve's family wants is to get Steve back alive. Not any honour. But one thing I don't understand is what is a state funeral?Izzit a big ceremony funeral with public holiday given to the state?

Yea, I understand. He is dead and never can be brought back alive anymore.But still, i will feel its such as waste when such experienced guy is not around us anymore. Hopefully 10-20 years later we would see his daughter or son on TV doing the same job as daddy did. Will you be able to remember Steve if his children ever mention their daddy is Steve Irwin? Bindi Sue and Robert(Bob) should be proud of daddy like everyone did. Steve Irwin, the guy everyone should be remembering in the future. Not that i wanna make his so important to you all. U will surely say that his contribution is not as much as some other ppl thus remembering him only will be unfair to other people who contributed more.



Fellow animal handler and conservationist Jack Hanna said;

"Ninety-nine percent of the time, when someone is hurt by an animal, it is your fault," he said. "You have to be careful of that. You have to know what your limits are. What that animal is.

"People use the word dangerous and that sometimes is a word that's not fair to that animal because the animal has been given the defenses that God gave it, so you have to understand what all that is involved and if you understand that, hopefully nothing will happen."


In this case, its neither's fault. Its a tragic. Its an accident that nobody wants.

Animal Planet will rename the garden space in front of Discovery's world headquarters in Silver Spring, Montgomery County, Maryland, to the "Steve Irwin Memorial Sensory Garden


This garden, I will pay visit to this garden for once when i can afford to do so.

To be continued if i feel like doing so.

No comments: